Do you appoint senior or lead invigilators?
ETD’s senior invigilator training helps to develop effective, professional leaders who can be delegated to with confidence, and be an invaluable support to exam officers.
Through a mixture of presentation and discussion, senior or lead invigilators are encouraged to further develop their own skills and given guidance on developing these skills in the invigilators they work with. The session is also a great way for potential senior invigilators to learn more about this key role. Where participants are drawn from more than one centre, senior invigilators benefit from sharing good practice across centres.
We cover a selection of the following topics in a typical session:
- Senior invigilator roles and responsibilities, including when to use their own initiative and what to refer to the exam officer
- Identifying and developing senior invigilator skills and qualities
- Deputising for the exam officer in emergencies
- Responsibility for exam paperwork/scripts
- Managing candidate behaviour in the exam room
- Preventing and dealing with malpractice and maladministration
- Clear effective communication with large groups including handling emergencies
- Organising and supervising invigilators in the exam hall, including effective delegation, debriefing and induction of new invigilators
- An introduction to the IQ Level 3 Award in Senior Invigilation
Cost for a session (up to 2 hours) is from £190. We ask for reasonable travel costs based on HMRC mileage rates or public transport. The training is normally hosted by an exam centre, and may be opened up to senior invigilators from other local centres.
* Price based on 20 participants. An additional fee applies for larger groups.
Add Active Learning
Our Active Invigilator Training sessions provide an interactive learning environment, with the chance to practice the skills needed in the exam room, and to share ideas and good practice. For a modest additional charge, we can extend the 2 hour session to include topics from our Active Invigilator Training, such as managing candidate behaviour, effective communication with large groups, and developing skills in vigilance and observation.
Enhanced Invigilation Skills training
Our Senior Invigilator Training focuses on lead invigilators with responsibility for managing other invigilators in the exam hall. For experienced or senior invigilators who do not have a supervisory role, you can now book our NEW Enhanced Invigilation Skills training.